Saturday, February 28, 2009

Matt's Birthday

Yesterday was Matt's 29th Birthday! As I was contemplating the gift ideas I thought of doing a little collection of items that relate some of the many reasons why I love my husband. Though the collection did not come to fruition, here were some reasons I thought of:

-He likes to cook with me (and is in fact shopping for stuff to make his famous Mac and Cheese for dinner tomorrow!)

-He will watch Chick Flicks with me (even after I have fallen asleep)

-He indulges my Reality TV obsession by being enough in "the know" to carry on a conversation about a recent ousting on Survivor or who the Bachelor is going to choose (good boy!)

-He puts up with my quirks - like having to own the entire series of a movie....series - even if I don't necessarily like the movies in the series

-He tells me I am beautiful

-He loves our little girls. I just melt when I see the way he looks at Lucy and laughs with Emma.

-He is visionary in the sense that he can see how a house can be made better or the best thing to change on a car to make it better

-He can build ANYTHING - all I have to do is show him a picture

-He will sing with me

and the list goes on. He is fantastic. I love him. I tried to show him - Sarah and I planned an evening out with our men (since Sean's birthday is...well, sort of the same day). Here are some pics from our evening:
You can't go wrong taking your man out to an all-the-meat-you-can-eat kind of place, so we took them to Tucanos. There was a lot of steak and bacon wrapped everything involved. Oh, and they have really good rolls.

So next on the agenda was a good old romp around the go-kart track at Winner's Motorsports Park. If only we'd remembered our head socks, we could have been spared a five dollar per person charge to look like this: We had a great time and I think the boys were pleased. So...Happy Birthday honey - I love you and I hope it showed!

1 comment:

Momtothree said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!! I hope it was a good one!