Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!

It was three years ago this minute that I was in the midst of pushing my Emma into the world! And now she is an imaginative, creative, musical, dramatic, fun three year old who makes me smile every single day! Though it is likely she won't remember the work that I put into her birthday party today, I hope she will remember the love that was shown to her today by all of her family and friends! She is a blessed little girl. And she is a blessing in my life.

Some of my favorite things about Emma:

-She has recently started to really use her imagination. She has started to play pretend and I think it is absolutely adorable. The other day she brought me some "money" which was really just a handful of air!

-She loves dressing up like a princess. Any dress is a princess dress and we get in frequent arguments when we dress her because she only wants to wear skirts and dresses. As frustrating as it can be, it is also completely cute! I love my girly girl!

-She spends entire days singing literally non-stop. She loves to sing. She loves music. It brings me joy to see the joy that music brings her! The other day I was amazed because she sang ALL day and she didn't repeat a song. I am pretty sure she sang every song she has ever heard and when she couldn't think of one, she made one up.

Emma is a joy! We love her and feel incredibly blessed to be her parents! Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

Mom

4 comments:

Howards said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Sorry we could not make it to the party.

Michelle said...

Hard to believe Emma is old enough to be 3! Time has flown! Sounds like she is going to be musically talented just like her mom! :)

Michelle said...

If you aren't one of the cutest moms ever, I don't know who is!

the Tonioli's said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We really need to get Hannah and Emma together to play.