Monday - at about 6:30pm we begin the drive down. We decided to break up the four hours to St. George with a short stop in Provo for dinner. My dad and brothers had taken Matt to "The Smokehouse Grill" on their "man-trip" last summer and Matt raved to me about how great the food was so I mentioned that we should eat there. We sat and our order was taken. Matt had been craving the ribs - so ribs it was. Our anticipation increased as the waitress left to place our order. Moments later she returned: "I'm sorry, I totally forgot - we are out of ribs." WHAT! So, sadly we replaced the ribs with brisket. Our pouty faces must have permeated the place because when they found out that we had driven forty-five (or so) miles just for the ribs the owner came out with an apology, peanut butter cheesecake and news that the meal was on the house. All was forgiven and I now send to you my earnest recommendation that you eat there next time you are in happy valley. You will not be disappointed - even if they are out of ribs.
We arrived safely in St. George around 11:30 that evening and scouted out the cheap hotels on the Blv. We chose the quaint Dixie Palms and settled in for some rejuvenating rest.
Tuesday Morning - When I knew that we would be staying in St. George, I immediately began craving the most delicious cupcakes I have ever had in my life from the unique bakery Sarah and I discovered last September called "Twenty-Five on Main." They also serve breakfast so Matt and I stayed and ordered. I was struck with this place from the moment I walked in. It is decorated in a modern motif with pictureless picture frames on the wall and various cukoo clocks painted in my favorite color scheme of teal and brown. The owner of the establishment served us and I raved about the cupcakes. I was also pleased with my breakfast meal - a farmhouse panino served with a breakfast salad.
I didn't know how I felt about salad for breakfast, but the food was fresh and well thought out and I left utterly pleased that the bakery that had won me over with their cupcakes now solidified my adoration by proving they can cook as well. I took a picture to remember my joy and we left to continue the drive. About fifteen minutes outside of Vegas it dawned on me that - I left my camera on the table at my favorite quaint little cafe. Thus, my dreams of a picture documentary of this vacation for the sole purpose of entertaining my faithful blog readers was thwarted and this is all I have to show for the Vegas vaca:The picture I took right before leaving my camera in St. George:

And the picture we took when we picked the camera up in St. George:
What can I say, I am my mother's daughter.
More of the actual vacation in detail in my next post - but you may not be interested because I have no pics to show for it!
Sarah
2 comments:
Sorry about you forgetting your camera in St. George, but it makes for a very entertaining story. All that talk of food makes me hungry- sounds like you have found a few great places. Glad you guys had a nice getaway.
You are so funny. You are your mothers daughter. Just another reason that we love you.
Post a Comment