Sunday, September 20, 2009

As a bee...

Life has been very busy lately! Emma has started preschool and dance, Matt is building his homes in Farmington, and I have been helping Matt in the office and working as Farmington's Art Coordinator and been...being a mom! I feel like every spare minute has been taken up with something!!! I just spent the last two weeks auditioning and casting kids for our upcoming youth theater and now I have only three weeks to complete the preparations for Dinner Theater. Oh man. Its nuts! As crazy as it has been, I love that I can help Matt and I love what I get to do for the City and I love being a mom - so I am not complaining...more....explaining why I haven't blogged in so long!

So, yeah, Emma started preschool and she is really enjoying it. Here is a picture of her first day!

Every time I ask her about her day at preschool she says her favorite thing is to play with the toys. I love that she comes home and tells me "The letter A makes three sounds" and then makes them! I am happy she is learning and growing.

As a family, we recently discovered something we all enjoy doing: going hiking. Here are some pictures on a hike we took over Labor Day weekend.
It is fun to spend some time as a family, but there is a drawback: Emma is the slowest hiker in the history of hiking. I was about to go crazy trying to follow her up that mountain! As slow as she walked, she wanted to keep going when we finally decided to head down the mountain. She would have hiked to the top if we would have let her!

Lucy was also enjoying nature in her own little way! Anyway, we hope to go hiking more often as the weather cools - let us know if you want to go or if you know of any good hikes.

Also, let me know if you want to help out with dinner theater! We need help preparing and serving dinner and also my director is looking for a prop master and backstage help.

Well, don't think I am too busy to call or hang out! We still love playdates and barbeques! They are what make all the craziness of life worth living!

No comments: