Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Swing Sets and Safety Belts

The last couple of days have been pretty jam-packed with excitement. Last week Matt had some free time since his co-worker got in a motorcycle accident so he decided to spend a day building a swing-set for Emma. I was once again amazed at his ability to build something from scratch without instructions or a picture - he is so talented. He could totally be on one of those Trading Spaces type shows where they custom make furniture. Anyway, Emma has loved it. Here is a pic:

As you can see, it is not just for Emma!

On Friday we took our girls and Boston and Jaegan to the Fish Farm and caught some trout. We really had a great time. The kids loved throwing the fish food in the water and watching the water boil as they all went after it! They all squirmed away from the wriggling fish dangling from the line when they caught their fishy prize!

We really had a great time and recommend the Fish Farm for a fun family evening!

Late Thursday night we got invited by my cousin Tyler and her husband cliff to St. George for Matt to go Canyoneering and for me to go shopping. How could we pass that up? So we drove down to Southern Utah really late Friday night/Saturday morning and spent Saturday doing what we (respectively) do best! Matt did Spry (spelling?) in Zion's and I hit the outlets and we met up that evening to share our tales. I have decided that I am going to try out some canyoneering next time we get down there. I make no promises since I am deathly afraid of heights, but, what the hey! Matt says that on that same trip we will reserve a day for shopping too - so it won't be all that bad. On the way home on Sunday we stopped at Cove Fort. I had never been there before. We got a really great tour with the wonderful missionary couple down there - all of whom could not resist the urge to squeeze little Lucy's Michelin legs! Our pic from the Fort is below:

We were excited to get out of town for a day and are looking forward to doing it again soon (can you tell!?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful time you had, swing set, fishing and touring.

Thanks for sharing your story and enjoy swing sets. Best wishes from http://www.lifespanswingsets.com.au