
Today Lucy and I joined Emma and her preschool class at the pumpking patch. I was so excited to do something fall-y...fall-ish? I have decided that fall is my favorite season - I love going to the pumpkin patch, I love dressing up for Halloween, I love stuffing my gut full of turkey...I LOVE FALL and I don't care who knows it! Anyway, we had a good time and picked out some great pumpkins. Then I came home and decided to make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to further celebrate the awesomeness of Fall. This is a great recipe if you are looking for one:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-duran/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html I topped mine with Cream Cheese....so good. Oh, and I didn't have nutmeg so I played around with the spices a bit - I used pumpkin pie spice plus some other stuff.

Oh, one other thought - when we were at the pumpkin patch there were only about a hundred other preschool kids running around and I heard a fellow mother tell her child "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I found it funny since my mom totally used to say that to me when I was growing up. Weird how those old sayings stick around.
If you haven't heard, we are having the annual Hale-o-ween party on Saturday. I would love for you to come! Comment with your email if I forgot to send you an evite and I will get it to you with all the details...should be a good time!
Yea for Fall!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment