Today is Lucy's 1st Birthday! I would say "I can't believe my baby is one year old" but...I kinda can believe it! It has been such fun to have little Lucy in our family. She is a riot - every minute. I love her glistening, penetrating eyes; her excited shake; and even her whiny yells of "Mommm-eeee." Her newest tricks relate to her trying to walk and sing. This little girl loves to sing! As you can see from the video above, she is making progress towards the whole walking thing, but I think Grandma Marilyn has been faithful in her prayers that Lucy won't walk until she gets home - Lucy hasn't taken a step yet, but she cruises around the furniture and stands very well. I anticipate that she will walk on Saturday when Grandma Marilyn finally returns!
Anyway, we love her - she is a great addition to our family - the opposite of Emma in so many ways! She has a little tomboy streak - she loves balls, blocks, and driving cars around the room while she says "vroom, vroom!" But she also loves jewelry and loves me to fix her hair! She is a Daddy's girl - I love to watch her stare at him adoringly. She loves to pester her sister - but they also share a great bond. And lately she has randomly been giving me kisses - so I think she likes me too!
Happy Birthday Lucy!
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment