
Hello from Moab! Matt has convinced me once again to venture down to the land of the red rocks. We spent the day on Elephant Hill Loop. I say scary. He says “I’m in heaven!!” This was his four year anniversary gift: my time 4-wheeling in Moab. Those of you who know me well know that I am a Chicken with a capital C, so for me to undertake a four-wheeling adventure is for me to go out of my boundaries by like a mile. Luckily for Matt, I am warming to it – mostly because of the beautiful back country that we get to see. And occasionally it is amusing to me to see some of the rock formations that his little Jeep Cherokee can attack. Today, there were quite a few that I thought there was no getting past, but good ol’ Black Sheep (which is what we named the Cherokee today) conquered all. And Matt just laughs.
Emma likes four-wheeling. Apparently to her it is mother nature’s rocking chair. Matt and I were amazed when she fell asleep during the most intense part! She also enjoyed hiking a bit when Mom decided it was too dangerous to risk and we both got out to watch from the safety of the solid ground.
Of course the trip would not be complete without some time spent shopping. So, the girls got dropped off so we could venture through town. I have to say that female touristy shirts are definitely improving…I actually saw some I considered purchasing that I may have worn more than once. The most important thing I purchased was a Moab sticker for Matt’s Jeep. Now we can brand The Sheep with the name of the place we love best!
We ended the evening at Pasta Jays – an excellent recommendation made by Moi. The wafting smell of garlic beckoned me every time we drove by. I had the Cheese Tortollone with meat sauce…it was good but did not hold a candle to Matt’s Chicken Pomodoro. So…get that if you ever end up there. I plan on it. Moab actually boasts some pretty enticing cuisine. We already have the restaurants lined up for our next visit!
All in all, we have had a pretty good weekend. Moab is growing on me. Matt wants to move here, but I still have some issues with people looking at me weird because I did my hair and makeup. We’ll have to see what the future holds, for now we are just looking ahead to our next Moab trip. I’ll keep you posted!
Sarah
Emma likes four-wheeling. Apparently to her it is mother nature’s rocking chair. Matt and I were amazed when she fell asleep during the most intense part! She also enjoyed hiking a bit when Mom decided it was too dangerous to risk and we both got out to watch from the safety of the solid ground.
Of course the trip would not be complete without some time spent shopping. So, the girls got dropped off so we could venture through town. I have to say that female touristy shirts are definitely improving…I actually saw some I considered purchasing that I may have worn more than once. The most important thing I purchased was a Moab sticker for Matt’s Jeep. Now we can brand The Sheep with the name of the place we love best!
We ended the evening at Pasta Jays – an excellent recommendation made by Moi. The wafting smell of garlic beckoned me every time we drove by. I had the Cheese Tortollone with meat sauce…it was good but did not hold a candle to Matt’s Chicken Pomodoro. So…get that if you ever end up there. I plan on it. Moab actually boasts some pretty enticing cuisine. We already have the restaurants lined up for our next visit!
All in all, we have had a pretty good weekend. Moab is growing on me. Matt wants to move here, but I still have some issues with people looking at me weird because I did my hair and makeup. We’ll have to see what the future holds, for now we are just looking ahead to our next Moab trip. I’ll keep you posted!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment