Saturday, November 24, 2007

I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite.

Hey all! Did you miss me? Lame excuse for not blogging, but I liked having all of the pretty pictures at the top. What, since I lost my red shoes, my blog just doesn't seem the same and having Halloween Harry and Ginny greet me with a smile seemed great. To explain the abscence of the shoes, on some computers the format just didn't fit and it frustrated me to such a degree that I eliminated them - and now I long for them. The sad sad day.

Anyway, in other news....how much do you love Thanksgiving? I am thankful for Thanksgiving. That is all there is to say. That and "cranberry sauce rocks!"

For all those inquiring minds, yes, I did participate in the madness that is Target at 6:00am on Black Friday. Is it sick that I LOVE IT!? It makes me happy to just sit here and think about how much I enjoyed it. And I would like to send a SHOUT OUT (because I am not 30 and I can) to the line guards who did their best to keep the line jumping to a minimum. If I were honest I would admit to the fact that I only witnessed it because I was a little bit trying to get in on the action, but I will lie and say that I was only there for the entertainment value - which was HI-HIGH! I maybe would have tried if the people in the line weren't beginning to get violent. Despite having to go to the end of the line around the back of the building by the portable storage container, I was triumphant in getting my big ticket item: Ratatouille for $14!!! Killer deal, right?

The great joy in my life at the moment is that my mother-in-law has entrusted me to play Santa this year and I have had the great pleasure of blowing $100 per person on a bunch of CRAP this weekend. No no...I think I have done a pretty good job, with a little help from my Number One Elf! Who, I might add, is the key to all of my gift giving successes. I was very lucky to have married such a thoughtful person!

The second great joy in my life at the moment is that my boss has entrusted me to play Martha Stewart and decorate a tree for the city building all on my own. See, it falls in the "floof-de-flomp" category which is my sole responsibility. I have found the most amazing color scheme and decor samples to show him on Monday - which I guess would be cool if he wasn't colorblind. For those of you who can see colors, when I complete the masterpiece, I will take pictures and post. Until then, I will continue to shop for the family and the city and the WORLD!

Oh...one last joy in my life at the moment - the realization that I can now watch Elf to bring in the holiday season. Off I go - but I will watch out for the yellow ones cause they don't stop.

Sarah

2 comments:

Momtothree said...

Wow I don't envy you having the responsiblity of buying everyones Christmas presents, but that's only because going shopping isn't that fun anymore, because I have to either take the kids or burden someone else with them. The only time its worth it is when they are sleeping and Jared's just at home with them. I do have to say that if I'm gonne leave them it would be with him. I definately don't feel guilty leaving them with him. He's just usually in a grouchy mood when I come home lol. So thank goodness for computers and online shopping during naptimes, and thank goodness for blogs so I can still stay in touch with my friends and let everything out.

Ben said...

Do you eat the 4 main food groups too?
1) Candy
2) Candy Canes
3) Candy Corns
4) Syrup