Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dinner Time

Last night I was desperate for someone to tell me what to cook for dinner. Matt always tells me he doesn't care (when, I know for a fact, he does care - but whatever...) so I am often left on my own. I just get tired of thinking of it! So, in attempts to get some help, I googled "what should I make for dinner tonight?" It didn't exactly help in my endeavors because I ended up creating something of my own with remnants from the fridge and pantry - BUT I DID find a really great blog that I can see myself becoming slightly addicted to! And - it is a great idea generator. So, I thought I would share it with you because I know a lot of you who read my blog are my fellow mothers and may understand the plight of coming up with dinner night after night. Visit thisweekfordinner.com. The creator posts her weekly dinner menus and occasional recipes. She also encourages readers to post their weekly dinner menus - thus generating hundreds of dinner ideas for you to pull from! Anyway, I am adding it to my blogroll because I know I will frequent it....

While we are on the subject - something else I was frustrated with last night that I figure a lot of you can relate to is - what is up with child mayhem during dinner prep?! I have angel children up until 4:30pm when I have to start thinking about dinner and then someone throws a switch somewhere and - WHAM! Emma is whining at my feet, wanting me to entertain her yet thwarting all of my attempts and Lucy is crying in her high chair which resorts to me trying to feed her cereal while pan frying the pork. This scene has been happening nearly every night this week and come 6:00pm I am warn out. My mom used to say that she was done being a mom at 9:00pm....

I can only last until 6.

4 comments:

Emilee said...

I can totally relate. Last night, at about 4:30 my kids were whining, crying and I had just got off working a night shift that morning. So completely worn out, so what did I do for dinner. I took the kids to McDonalds, Rich was working anyways. Trey had a blast and actually ate some dinner. Thanks for the web site idea Sarah! I will be trying that tonight.

Todd and Julie said...

Katelyn does the same thing. I just have her play outside until dinner is ready. She loves that idea and I can always see what she is doing out the windows. And then I just stick Amber in her highchair and put a bunch of fingerfood on her tray. That usually helps.

the Tonioli's said...

Thank you, thank you for the awesome website. I'm so excited for it. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Kevin and Emily said...

Thanks for the new website. I hate deciding what to cook for dinner. And congrats to Matt on graduation. It was so fun to hang out with you guys this week- thanks for having us over. (=