I have been a neglectful blogger lately - mostly because I lost my camera - but also because I feel like I have been really busy....especially since Festival Days is next week. Despite claims at being forever busy, I somehow always find time to watch my favorite summer reality shows. Like, The Bachelorette - which I have to say has been super entertaining this season. They have literally had every crazy thing that could happen - happen. And, though I am well aware that it is highly likely that their claims at "reality" are more than likely incidents that are "producer influenced" - I still get a kick out of it. I wonder at the "characters" that allow themselves to be "motivated" by the powers of reality TV - like last Monday Bachelor Jake (who didn't get a rose the previous week and who "just happens" to be pilot) conveniently flew in to warn the Bachelorette that country singer Bachelor Wes was not only just on the show for his career, but also had a girlfriend back home. Did Jake REALLY decide to come back all on his own? I just can't picture that he would willingly walk into a character questioning situation like that, particularly after having just been rejected on national tv. I mean, reality TV entertainment at its best, but do they really expect me to believe that it wasn't, at the very least, encouraged by some exec? I know all of this and I still, not only watch, but wait for each new episode with excited anticipation. Say what you will about what this says about me.
My other summer reality TV addiction: So You Think You Can Dance. I am moved by dance. If only I had done the work to be able to DO it instead of WATCH it. Nevertheless, it has been an exciting season so far with the talent being so closely competitive that it is hard for me to pick a favorite. Right now I would say Randi and Evan. Whose yours?
With the summer being as wet as it has been this year, there has obviously been more time spent inside than out, it would seem - but I really don't watch as much TV as you might think - just to clear my name - and I have been REALLY busy with Festival Days. But, as it is all coming together, I am REALLY excited about it. Even if there are a few things that don't quite go as planned, it is going to be SO fun. So, read my earlier post and come to what you can. I'll be looking for you there!
No comments:
Post a Comment