Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer Fun


These pictures are placed in a file adequately named "Summer Fun." They really just illustrate some of the things that our family has been up to the last couple of weeks. These are from our trip to the Hill Air Force Base Museum. Since the downturn of the economy, there hasn't been too many exciting things happening in the auto industry, so Matt has refocused his obsession with cars onto planes. Though I wasn't too keen on the idea of spending the afternoon there, the Museum was more interesting with the stories Matt could tell me about the different airplanes we were looking at. We had a good afternoon. Emma got a little plane that was hooked to a rubber band you could pull back and let fly. She had a really good time:
I have also enrolled Emma in some swim lessons. She has had some anxiety over swimming this summer, so I thought it would be good to get her more experience. She has been getting more comfortable in the water, which has been nice, but she definitely knows her limits. She refuses to put her whole had in the water and it took her a good long time to put her face in to blow bubbles. She tells me "Mom, when I get bigger I'll put my whole head in the water..." This picture is her waiting for her class on the first day of lessons. The sign says "Preschool Level 1:"We have also been able to go up to the lake with my family about every other week the last month or so. This is a picture of Lucy's first time playing in the sand and water. She really loves playing in the water and hasn't had the fear that Emma has had....not yet anyway. She has loved our beach trips:
Oh, and on a semi-related note (since it involves Lucy) she started crawling this weekend! Can you believe it? I have a child that crawls! Its a whole new world. I have to start thinking about what I have left around for her to get into and find a way to block off the stairs. She's gonna be a little trouble maker - I have a feeling!
This one last picture is just the pure joy smile that we only get in candids of Emma. Isn't she cute!?:

No comments: